New Orleans Auto Accident Lawyer
New Orleans is a historical city filled with festivals and attractions that make it one of the most vibrant and interesting cities in the U.S. However, the congested roadways can make it a dangerous place to drive. If you are involved in an auto accident in New Orleans that caused injury to you as a driver, passenger, bicyclist or pedestrian, you should speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Why Do I Need an Attorney After an Auto Accident? Insurance will Pay me… RIGHT?
After an auto accident involving an injury, either your own auto insurance, or the other driver’s auto insurance will be responsible to pay for your pain and suffering, medical treatment, property damage and lost wages. However, the insurance companies are notorious for assembling a team of lawyers, insurance adjusters, and investigators to try to deny, delay or devalue your claim. This allows the insurance company to keep money they should be paying to injury victims and pad their profits. You need an attorney to level the playing field and make sure there is someone fighting for your best outcome.
Types of Compensation Available After an Auto Accident
Depending on the type of accident and the severity of the injuries, there are a few types of compensation that may be available. Every accident is different, every path to recovery is unique, which is why it’s important to take advantage of a free initial consultation with an injury lawyer. After an accident, you may be eligible for:
- Past & Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Income or Reduced Ability to Earn Income
- Pain & Suffering
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Property Damage & Loss
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Accident Attorney?
You will not pay any out-of-pocket costs to hire Rick Ely to represent you through your auto accident recovery. He will provide a free initial consultation to explain your options. If you choose to hire him, he will immediately begin working with your medical provider, the insurance companies involved and any potential witness to start working towards the best outcome.
Steps to take After an Auto Accident
- Stay calm and call the police to report the accident.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the other vehicle, and of your injuries, if visible.
- Seek medical attention.
- DO NOT sign anything or speak with anyone from the insurance company (yours or the other driver’s) until you have talked to a lawyer who will represent you. There is very little you could say to the insurance company that would benefit you. At the same time, they very much WILL use whatever information they can get from you to try to minimize your claim. Talk to a lawyer who is looking out for you first.
Injured in an Auto Accident in New Orleans? Talk to a Injury Attorney Rick Ely For Free
After an accident, it can be difficult to know how to take the first step. That is why Ely Law provides a free initial consultation so that Rick can review your case and give you options for moving forward. If you choose to hire Rick, you will pay nothing. He will handle your case and then is paid a percentage of the recovery he secures on your behalf. Call or email today and we will arrange a time to meet and take the first step towards your recovery.